The Foundation for the Children of Haiti (“FCH”) is a Christian organization providing physical, emotional, and spiritual care to needy children in Haiti. Since 1981, FCH has been making a difference in Haiti by living out our motto: “Making a difference, one child at a time.” FCH is a Haitian organization, founded, directed, and staffed by Haitians. Over 170 people from the community work in the Foundation’s various ministries
FCH is motivated by the conviction that all children deserve to live in a secure and loving environment; receive a standard of care that promotes physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being; and receive an education that will prepare them for a productive future. FCH was established in 1981 when Gladys Thomas assumed management of a small orphanage in Port au Prince, Haiti. Since then, FCH has expanded its operations in response to the needs in Haiti, and currently operates the
- Hope Rainbow of Love Children’s Residence – Home to 75 school age children.
- Home – Residence for 30 children and adults with complex physical and mental challenges.
- New Academy of Excellence Elementary School – The school has a capacity of 225 and is attended by children living at RoL, some of the children at Hope Home, and children from the neighbourhood.Rainbow of Love, Hope Home, and the Elementary School are located at FCH’s Children’s Village, a 2.5 acre site in a safe neighbourhood of Port au Prince.
- Hope Hospital – Full service 50 bed general hospital, located about 2 km from the Children’s Village..
- School of the Good Sower – Elementary day school located on the north side of Port au Prince attended by 200 children living in the neighbourhood.
- Mussotte Elementary School – Day school attended by 200 children located in Mussotte, a rural community in southwest Haiti.
- Christian Institute for Technical Training (“C-Tech”) – Post-secondary institute focused on providing employment-focused training in nursing, computer technology, and electronics, located in Mussotte.
Thanks to the vision, dedication and expertise of its leadership and staff, FCH has grown into an organization that is making a profound economic and social difference in Haiti.
If you would like to help build the FCH legacy, we would greatly appreciate your support.
Thanks to the vision, dedication and expertise of its leadership and staff, FCH has grown into an organization that is making a profound economic and social difference in Haiti. If you would like to help build the FCH legacy, we would greatly appreciate your support.
The Canadian Foundation for the Children of Haiti ("CFCH") is an all-volunteer fundraising organization that has supported the work of FCH since 1993.
Canadian Foundation for the Children of Haiti
6093 – 145A Street.
Surrey, B.C. V3S 4R6
CFCH is a Canadian Registered Charity
Canada Revenue Agency Business Number 89000 4591 RR0001